‘But it’s quicker to do it myself!’ The humble art of delegation
Are you feeling overworked? Reluctant to invest time training your team to do your tasks? Many of us avoid delegation but it’s essential for success.
In this webinar, SBM consultant Nickii Messer shares her tried and tested strategies which will enable you to:
- understand the benefits of delegation for you and others
- be more productive and effective in your use of time
- be more confident in knowing what to delegate, who to and why
- understand the different stages involved in effective delegation: framing the task, coaching, overseeing and following up
- be more aware of the potential pitfalls and how to avoid them.
In the second of our new SBM training series we explore the art of delegation. Nickii will show you, step-by-step, how to delegate effectively for organisational and personal success.
By mastering the art of delegation, you will increase your own productivity as well as enabling sustainability and succession planning for you and everyone else in the business management team.
Reading and resources
Do check out these resources which will stimulate your thinking and develop your learning.
- Watch this three-minute video on top tips for delegation
- Look at an example of an SBM’s prioritisation matrix
- Read Nickii's article on investing time in delegation
- Read 'Tick-tock! Time is not on your side' on the Optimus blog
- Download the efficiency report
The NASBM standards
Map your newly-acquired skills onto the NASBM professional standards and use this as evidence of your continued professional development.
- Leading support services - provide leadership, operational effectiveness and service coordination
- Behaviours - collaborative and skilled negotiator.